Saturday, January 7, 2012

January Goals and Weekly Progress

I have lofty running goals this year (for me).  I really want to run a 10K.  This is a big deal for me, and it scares me a little.  I'm for sure going to do the Classic 10K in September, but I'm currently contemplating running the 10K that's part of the Utah Valley Marathon.  The very idea both invigorates me and gives me anxiety. 

My running goal for January is to run 9 miles each week.  Check for week 1.  I was able to run 3 days this past week, and by the 3rd day, I ran 2.5 miles without having to stop for a recovery walk.  My endurance is definitely coming back, I'm really pleased.  The course I have mapped out in my neighborhood is 3.2 miles (according to my car), leaving me about .2 miles to walk home as a cool down. 

Another goal for January is to get in a weekly yoga workout.  Gotta keep those muscles nice and loose.  I got in an express Ashtanga practice on Wednesday. 

I also got some new shoes.  I've been running on K Swiss tubes, and I LOVE them.  I really wanted a pair to have at work, so I took the older model to work, and got these ones...
Click to Zoom In
They're almost identical to my other ones, and they feel great.  I'm a little sad they're not purple (the older ones are), but I wear a LOT of purple, so maybe I need to branch out a little. 
 
I'm excited to get back on the road this week.  It snowed here today, so I'm a little worried about the cold...historically, I can keep my upper body warm, but even with several layers my legs get really cold.  I'm glad about the snow, though, I'm headed up skiing next week :)
 
Did you keep your New Year's goals or resolutions this week? 
 
What kind of shoes do you like to run/walk/cross train in? 
 
 

No comments: