Sunday, June 26, 2011

Birthday Cakes...

I made my Husband a cake for his birthday.  I wanted to decorate it...but he's not a frosting person, so that left my options limited. 


From June 2011


I was in a hurry, so after the cake was done, I quickly did a thin crumb coat, stuck it in the fridge for 10 minutes, did a thin outer coat, and was contemplating what color to do the writing when my daughter woke up from her nap.  She insisted on black, "because Daddy's favorite color is black". 

The black frosting actually tasted ok, and he got a kick out of it.  Inside is my personal adaptation of a yellow cake recipe that I found on Allrecipes.com.  Best yellow cake I've ever tasted...I could almost pick it over chocolate, it's THAT good.  One of these days I'll have to post the recipe. 

No comments: